1. Don't take life for granted, be thankful each day living on a fresh new start. Don’t be held back by what happened yesterday, the day before, the week before, the year before, and so on.
2. Be true to who you are. Stop trying to control and please other people or be someone else. Control and please yourself by becoming the 'best' person you can be! It’s better to be an original 'good' version of yourself than an exact duplicate of someone else.
3. Quit complaining. Don’t be like the howling dog, always howling and never doing anything. Stop complaining about your problems and work on them instead.
4. Be proactive and keep it moving. Stop waiting for others around you to do something and take action yourself instead; don't get stuck in your own way!
5. Rather than think “what if”, think “next time”. Don’t think about things you can’t change (namely what has happened and thoughts of other people) or unhappy things because these are disempowering. Instead focus on the things you can take action on. That’s the most constructive thing you can do in any situation.
6. Focus on WHAT vs. How. Focus on WHAT you want first, before you think about HOW to do it. Anything is possible, as long as you set your mind, heart, and soul to it through being committed, consistent, and persistent.
7. Create your own opportunities. You can wait forever for opportunities to drop into your life or you can go out there and create your own opportunities; be self-motivated and self-reliant!
8. Live more consciously each day and be open-minded. Stop sleepwalking through life with a closed-mind. Your life is something to be understood, experienced, developed; and not living statically nor coasting through life on automatic filled with assumptions, prejudices, and stereotypes.
9. Be committed to your health (good nutrition and exercise); being healthy is a major way that you show you love yourself.
10. Know your self - strengths and weaknesses. Practice daily self-reflection, self-examination, self-criticism, and self-correction. This also means knowing who you are and what you represent. Be clear of your personal identity.
11. Discover your life purpose. Set the mission statement for your life; one that will drive you to be fulfilled in life.
12. Live in alignment with your purpose. What can you start doing immediately that will let you live 100% in alignment with your purpose? How can you live true to your purpose within every context/situation/environment you are in, every second of the day?
13. Set your life commandments. Define your personal commandments to live your best life. What adages and principles do you want to follow in your life?
14. Discover your values. Values are the essence of what makes you; they are what’s most important to you, what you cherish! Some values may have to be re-prioritized and clarified time to time.
15. Hold yourself to the highest conduct. Every one of us have our own set of ethics, principles, and moral codes. Live true to them every day!
16. Design your ideal life including embracing change. What is your ideal life? What is the life that will make you the best person you can be? Understand the major changes in your life without denial and the necessary psychological transitions you have to make.
17. Stop putting your life on hold. Are you putting any parts of your life on hold? What is one area of your life you have been putting off/avoiding/denying? Uncover it and start working on it. A life postponed is a life denied!
18. Create your life handbook. Your life handbook is your life-long personal manual to live your best life – from your mission statement, your values, your long-term goals, short-term goals, personal strengths, blind spots to address, plans, among others. Create your book first then build on from there.
19. Set your goals. After you design your ideal life, set your 5-year, 3-year and 1-year goals. The more specific your goals, the better!
20. Take action on your goals. Create an action plan with your strategy, plan, and immediate next steps.
21. Be positive! Is the glass half empty or half full? How about neither? It’s actually all full - the bottom half is water and the top half is air. It’s all a matter of perception. Take on empowering perceptions, not those that limit and bind you. Purge unnecessary negative thoughts and emotional baggage from your life. You don't have the right to dump your personal garbage on others!